|| Welcome to the e-Research Wiki. This is a Web-based collaboration area for members of the UK JISC-funded Virtual Research Environment projects. It is also open to other projects doing similar work worldwide. Please note that technical content about standards, tools and projects is now available from the eReSS Wiki as described below.
VRE Landscape Study
Torsten Reimer, King's College London
A New Book
- Rob Allan, Daresbury Laboratory
on the Influence and Impact of Web 2.0 on e-Research Infrastructure, Applications and Users
Table of Contents
Click here for an Index
eReSS: e-Research Standards and Specifications
is the official technology information project of the JISC VRE Programme
compliments the work on formative evaluation carried out by the Tavistock Institute and also the work on defining architectures and procedures undertaken by the international e-Framework for Education and Research
. The eReSS Confluence Wiki
provides the main source of technical information and examples of usage in e-Research projects.
- eSI Event on the Influence and Impact of Web 2.0 on e-Research Infrastructure, Applications and Users
- eSI Theme to study into the Influence and Impact of Web 2.0 on e-Research Infrastructure, Applications and Users
For information on other current and past VreEvents
eResearch Community Events
EResearch Content added by Contributors
Please note that this site is world readable.
Portal Usability and Requirements Surveys
- MySurvey – Portal survey developed by Marian Moraga - please help us to develop a Grid portal quality model.
- ScienceGateways - series of discussions at NeSC on Web-based interfaces for e-Research services.
- e-Research Survey. Please could you consider the questions posed in the attached questionnaire.
Please could you also share the questionnaire around your research group, or the people you support in their research. We would like to collect as many respoenses as possible to add to the evidence we report back to the JISC regarding the needs of e-researchers.
You can either do the survey via the card-sort interface from the link above, or download a document and do it off-line
. Please send the completed document back to Caroline Ingram, thanks!
Data Server Trial
This is a test area for use as a data repository. Data files are Wiki attachments which can be shared by registered users.
Other e-Research Collaboration Facilites
Topic revision: r46 - 16 Mar 2010 - 16:56:48 - RobAllan