Rolling Items:

  • SCD Highlights article - “Touching Tiled Displays: experiences from the Visualisation Group in designing, building and installing interactive systems” (due 4/9/15 SN)
  • Wi-WON seminar (MT) for 28/10/15
  • CFD on new CCP and old SoFT project.
  • Work for ISIS on Facilities funds is being considered. Potential three months funding until end of financial year.
  • BlueJeans setup at AVF:- check quality in system (MT send details of conference-speaker usb system)
  • @Sri meeting with James from NERC on oceanographic modelling and regarding idea of computation steering and remote visualisation.
  • <strike>Matlab licenses and laptop</strike>
  • STFC tablecloth plus leaflets MT, plus visitors Friday afternoon in RAL early 2pm.
  • Avizo license for K Dobson (MT) on eduserv: as well as STFC (SN - 20 tokens, 50K - 30K DLS?? 5K ISIS CLF Hartree??).
  • Drishti/prayog - interactive subgroup (Action MT to email) liaise with Kate Meade: Post meeting planned. Who is coming to ToScA. New planned meeting for WG session.

  • ToScA leaflets:- southampton; QMUC ...
  • YouTube - login access: Action SN YouTube videos CCPi (branding) - test SN/MT
  • update CCPPETMR wiki to be updated: (MT / RF).
  • <strike>website for CCP: MT ongoing with Damian </strike>
  • Liaise vis with Data Group/IMAT links for new projects (Tom Griffin and SN) - TG brings links with ISIS for all data analysis and service together: feasibility study for a cloud type of system (data / sw rendering / SCARF etc…) being undertaken. Links with CCPPET-MR are possible - from a Cloud link to SCARF or a virtual machine for CLF job submission. Cross links with Hartree. Deadlines 7 Sep and Xmas Eve
  • Vis links with CLF-HPL (Ceri/Ric) to look at tomography options (MT and SN) including laser-driven x-ray imaging. Emailed contacts and details are on HIP wiki ACTION: MT to email and meet at ToScA.
  • Improved links with new SESC (MT and all to chase) Including links with SSI - OpenFOAM (2.4) (Ext 3.1) meeting booked for Autumn (October). Software Carpentry skills - link CCP list (MT).
  • Relink with Vis at DL – specifically Hartree and VEC (MT) - weekly meeting (Mon 11am) reinstated. Includes description of Phase 3 projects for Hartree (email to Paul Sherwood) Action MT: Roger and Colin and Paul S.
  • Invite users to exploit AVF who were at the Open Day on a repeat/regular basis (MT/SN). Sri to take users to the screen: from the App Div.
  • Remote vis for OSPRay/ParaView etc for IMAT and Hartree phase 3:-
    • Public engagement review - (SN to liasise for team and MT for poster) - six month rolling plan for STFC touchable units.
    • Utilisation (forward looking review) - ACTION fill in spreadsheet on project form
  • CCP listservs to include MT (RF)
  • ESA spin-off companies; visualisation VR (Occulus RIFT type technology) demonstrators:-
    • show-and-tell event (extend our group to CCPi-industry): volume visualisation? Mobile Phone etc... Q1 2016
  • CCP PET-MR deliverables (RF)
    • websites etc. waiting for the update to be copied onto the website (Damian)
    • a simple demonstrator:- RF and EO for 7 Sep.
  • CCPi deliverables and transfer items (SN)
    • Action: case studies (MT) by August
    • SN uploaded code for Diamond reconstruction within Avizo – UoM to upload new data test with visit (Mostly) WORKING. SN to contact Rob regarding Zeiss instrument integration before beginning of Sep. [DLS: datasets NeXuS file missing scalesize - been fixed?]
    • Tristan: network testing - for two machines UoM and RAL: due August (poss remote access).
    • Carousel is being built in DLS:- pink beam for mixed ranges: 5 August 2015 (ongoing RF)

      • waiting for the data to be analyzed and information from Loic.
    • CCPi deliverables: Minutes and actions coming from CCP SP meeting and Items from last meeting (see below) Actions by Aug 28 2015

    • CCPi phase 2: transfer of staffing roles and new website

  • savu: (Nicola and Mark) and Erica - meet, benchmarking - pHDF5 reader/writers issue
  • ISIS/IMAT update:- EY, end-to-end testing through mantid etc., whitebeam tomography works, and construct (energy selective 4D datasets in Sep - winfried and erica). data flow managed on SCARF and archive (ICAT). Friendly users from sep 2015; real users from Sep 2016 (call in Apr 2016)

    • ISIS / IMAT :- backup plan (B) being implemented.
  • 3DSim update (SN/EO): Contract: code is to be billed, meeting planned with Mike C-R - meeting (SN/EO); Possible trip to Utah.
    • recontsct for a demonstration.
  • RMetS workshop. Register in WebEx (RF)
  • Investigating/Evaluating Touch Screen for the IMAT project (SN)

Other Items:

  • New network “Global Challenge Network+ in Advanced Radiotherapy” on the wiki: http://tyne.dl.ac.uk/twiki/bin/view/Visualisation/ProjectsAdvancedRadiotherapy
  • Unilever project site to be updated; MT
  • Comprehensive Spending Review:- 10m where is this being spent
  • long term resources for support in DLS: and in ULTRA3 (2016-2017)
  • Survey results (where to send them) MT to send example

Hartree:

- Ospray (IMAT use case) paraview plugin installed and a windows plug-in(SN)

- NICE/ intros possible aero-use case with Virtalis

- NEMO :- Shirley Crompton (GUI development): end of Oct for SN contract

- Videowall hw guys: vendors visit; TV1 (video wall controllers) week 17/8/15

-

-

-- MartinTurner - 05 Aug 2015

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r26 | r14 < r13 < r12 < r11 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r12 - 09 Nov 2015 - MartinTurner
 
  • Edit
  • Attach
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright & by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback